Travelers daydreaming about their next hard-charging adventure, luxurious romantic getaway or ultimate relaxation destination: look no further. From April 17-27, U.S. and U.K. American Express Cardmembers have the opportunity to stop dreaming and start bidding at American Express’ Going Once web site (www.mylifemycard.com/goingonce). American Express will auction off one unbelievable travel package a day – and once a trip goes on sale, the price drops every twenty minutes. The deals will continue to drop in price until 7:00 pm ET or until the packages sell out, whichever comes first. The site will also feature 19 fixed price packages under $3,000 and more than 150 travel deals.
“Everyone has a dream for that ultimate vacation and with Going Once, we’re offering our Cardmembers exclusive travel deals – in formats and prices that are right for them. The declining-price packages are great for the adrenalin-shopper, the fixed price packages are ideal for the time-crunched and the travel offers are perfect for the do-it-yourselfer,” said Penni Berns, vice president, Network and Merchant Marketing. “Last fall’s Going Once provided Cardmembers an average savings of 37 percent off retail. This spring, along with our merchant partners, American Express has extended the vacation offerings to include even more fantastic values and destinations.”
At the Going Once site, Cardmembers will have the opportunity to choose from nine declining-price travel packages, offered in varying quantities, ranging from 10 to 30. Cardmembers will also be able to keep track of the quantities remaining as the prices continue to drop (UK prices listed below may vary based on exchange rates):
- Conouan Island (Package provided by Classic Vacations)
- Seven nights at Raffles Resort, featuring secluded white beaches, high-end cuisine and one of the world’s largest coral reefs, all on one tiny island (five square miles); includes economy class airfare for two from London (Gatwick) or ten major international airports in the U.S., including Boston, New York, Washington D.C., Philadelphia, Atlanta, Miami, Dallas, Chicago, Los Angeles and San Francisco.
- On sale: April 17th
- Price starts at: $7,740 / £4,412
- Florence (Package provided by Classic Vacations)
- Six nights to experience the Grand Hotel Florence, a 19th century palace overlooking the Arno River, in addition to private guided tours and a special Michelangelo tour; includes economy class airfare for two from New York (airport will vary based on travel dates) or London (Heathrow).
- On sale: April 18th
- Price starts at: $9,090 / £4,059
- South Africa (Package provided by American Express®
- A nine-night trip including a stay in Cape Town’s lively waterfront, a full-day tour of the Winelands, and safaris in an open Landrover at the Idube game reserve, an exclusive private lodge in the midst of the famous Sabi Sand Reserve; includes roundtrip airfare from New York (JFK) or Washington, D.C. (Dulles) to Cape Town and airfare once in South Africa.
- On sale: April 19th
- Price starts at: $12,400 / £5,499
- Antarctica Cruise (Package provided by Norwegian Coastal Voyage
- A 13-day expedition featuring expert guides, lectures, and PolarCirkel boat landings, not to mention, the experience of a lifetime on the narrow, glacier lined Lemair Channel, considered one of the most beautiful passages in Antarctica; includes economy class airfare for two from New York for U.S. Cardmembers and London for U.K. Cardmembers (airport will vary based on travel dates); plus airfare between Santiago, Chile and Ushuaia, Argentina.
- On sale: April 20th
- Price starts at: $13,198 / £6,802
- Greek Islands (Package provided by Abercrombie & Kent)
- Seven nights in the Greek Islands, visiting Athens, Crete and Santorini, taking in famous sites like Acropolis Hill and the Minoan Palace, but also enjoying some pampering at Blue Palace Resort & Spa and the Vedema Resort; includes economy class airfare for two from New York or London (airport will vary based on travel dates).
- On sale: April 23rd
- Price starts at: $18,600 / £9,380
- Tour America (Package provided by Allstar Coaches)
- A nine-night road trip for you and seven of your best friends in a premium RV, loaded with two flat-screen TVs, a $500 gas card and a $250 grocery credit.
- On sale: April 24th
- Price starts at: $14,257 / £7,348
- Hong Kong (Package provided by American Express®
- Six nights at the Langham Hotel in the heart of Kowloon’s main commercial and entertainment district, allowing easy access to the world renowned Star Ferry and Victoria Harbour; includes economy class airfare for two from Los Angeles or London (Heathrow).
- On sale: April 25th
- Price starts at: $5,775 / £2,422
- Orlando (Package provided by American Express®
- A five-night family stay for five (two adults and up to three children) at the Ginn Reunion Resort. The two–bedroom villa will be stocked with fifty dollars worth of groceries, three-day passes to Walt Disney World and keys to a Hertz rental car; includes $1,000 Travelers Cheque Card.
- On sale: April 26th
- Price starts at: $4,035 / £2,080
- Riviera Maya (Package provided by Classic Vacations)
- Five nights at the stunning oceanfront Fairmont Mayakoba, featuring the Willow Stream Spa, a pristine white sand beach and activities ranging from skydiving to eco-adventure sports; includes economy class airfare from Dallas-Ft. Worth or Heathrow.
- On sale: April 27th
- Price starts: $5,845 / £4,043
American Express Cardmembers can also take advantage of 19 different vacation packages offered at special discounted fixed rates, averaging a 33 percent savings off retail, including a vacation at the new five-Star Mövenpick Hotel in Amsterdam, a Barcelona entertainment adventure including a half-day use of a Mercedes Smart car, an all-inclusive stay at the Grand Lido Negril Resort and Spa in Jamaica and a three-night all-inclusive healthy retreat at Canyon Ranch in Lenox, Massachusetts. Additional special offers include vacations in Hawaii, Monte Carlo, Prague, Bermuda and more. Many of these packages are “land-only” (car and hotel), offering additional flexibility for Cardmembers who may want to book flights through Rewards points or on a preferred airline. All of the offers on Going Once provide the value of last minute deals but with flexibility in travel timeframes—typically six to 12 months. On average, there will be 120 fixed-price packages available for each trip.
“Vacation travel packages are more popular than ever, as travelers are looking for unique offerings that combine luxury and savings,” said Rudy Maxa, host and co-executive producer of 65 public television episodes on travel to Europe and the Pacific Rim. “American Express’Going Once offers consumers the excitement of finding great deals without compromising quality.
”Additional information on all of the travel packages will be available at Going Once for Cardmembers to preview. The nine declining-price packages will be offered one per weekday from April 17 to April 27. Each day at 11:00 am ET, one declining-price travel package will go on sale and one to three fixed-price packages will be offered.
The promotion takes place at www.mylifemycard.com/goingonce and is open to all U.S. and U.K. consumers with American Express-branded cards.
About American Express
Establishment Services is the merchant network of American Express, which acquires and maintains relationships with millions of merchants around the globe, which welcome American Express-branded Cards. American Express Company is a leading global payments, network, travel and banking company founded in 1850.