Umpqua Bank, a subsidiary of Umpqua Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ:UMPQ), has been named Oregon’s Most Admired Financial Services Company and the sixth Most Admired Company across all industries by The Portland Business Journal. Executives throughout the state of Oregon vote to determine the “Most Admired Companies” list each year. Umpqua has been named Oregon’s Most Admired Financial Services Company every year since the award was introduced.
“Umpqua is focused on delivering a unique and engaging banking experience that makes it easier for people to talk about and manage their finances,” said Ray Davis, Umpqua Bank CEO. “This award is a testament to the more than 4,500 associates who bring that vision to life. Their commitment to serving our customers and communities is an inspiration – and it’s an honor to see their work recognized.”
A statewide poll of more than 4,500 CEOs and top executives chose this year's company winners based on criteria that included innovation, quality of management, community involvement, quality of products and services, and branding and marketing.
2015 Umpqua Bank Highlights:
- Formed Pivotus Ventures, Inc., a separate subsidiary of the Holdings Company focused on disrupting and advancing bank innovation.
- Continued expansion of award-winning bank store model with the opening of neighborhood stores in Portland, Ore. and San Francisco’s Potrero Hill area.
- Launched Made to Grow initiative to inspire conversations about personal financial growth and potential. The campaign included an original short film, interactive exhibit and podcast series.
- Umpqua Bank and the Umpqua Bank Charitable Foundation awarded more than $2.3 million in support for nonprofit organizations in 2015. This giving primarily focused on creating economic opportunity for all in the communities that Umpqua Bank serves, with a special commitment to educational attainment for youth.
- Offered a Disaster Relief Lending Program to support customers in communities affected by natural disasters including wildfires, earthquakes and floods.
Oregon's Most Admired Companies is an annual event held by The Portland Business Journal. The event is one of the publication's business programs created to recognize the state's leading organizations. To see the complete list of Oregon’s Most Admired Companies, visit www.bizjournals.com/portland.
About Umpqua Bank
Umpqua Bank, headquartered in Roseburg, Ore., is a subsidiary of Umpqua Holdings Corporation, and has locations across Idaho, Washington, Oregon, California and Northern Nevada. Umpqua Bank has been recognized for its innovative customer experience and banking strategy by national publications including The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, BusinessWeek, Fast Company and CNBC. The company has been recognized for the past eight years in a row on FORTUNE magazine's list of the country's "100 Best Companies to Work For," and was recently named by The Portland Business Journal the Most Admired Financial Services Company in Oregon for the eleventh consecutive year. In addition to its retail banking presence, Umpqua Bank owns Financial Pacific Leasing, Inc., a nationally recognized commercial finance company that provides equipment leases to small businesses.
Umpqua Holdings also owns a retail brokerage subsidiary, Umpqua Investments, Inc., which offers services through Umpqua Bank stores and in dedicated offices throughout Oregon. Umpqua's Wealth Management Division serves high net worth individuals and nonprofits by providing customized financial solutions and offerings. Umpqua Holdings Corporation is headquartered in Portland, Ore. For more information, visit http://www.umpquabank.com.
Katy Spaulding, 503-290-7301