PagSeguro Digital Ltd. (“PagSeguro” or “we”) announced today its first quarter results for the period ended March 31, 2018. Our consolidated financial statements are presented in Reais (R$) in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”) as issued by the International Accounting Standards Board (“IASB”).
First Quarter 2018 Financial & Operational Highlights:
- R$14.4 billion in total payment volume (TPV), up 138.7% compared with 1Q17;
- Active merchants in the last 12 months at close of period of 3.1 million, up 83.3% compared with 1Q17, with growth of 1.4 million net new merchants;
- R$855.0 million in Non-GAAP total net revenue*, up 89.2% compared with 1Q17; and R$928.0 million in total net revenue*, up 106.9% compared with 1Q17;
- R$223.9 million in Non-GAAP net income, up 255.5% compared with 1Q17; and R$148.5 million in net income, up 144.9% compared with 1Q17;
- Non-GAAP Net Margin of 26.2%, up 12.3 percentage points compared with 1Q17; and Net Margin of 16.0%, up 2.5 percentage points compared with 1Q17.
For a reconciliation of these non-GAAP financial measures to the most directly comparable GAAP financial measures, see the last page of this earnings release.
* Total revenue and income.
To have access to the full report, please visit PagSeguro’s IR website at:
PagSeguro (NYSE: PAGS) will host a conference call and earnings webcast on Wednesday, May 30, at 10:00 am ET. The conference dial-in in the US and International is 1-800-492-3904 or +1 646 828-8246. The dial-in for connections in Brazil is +55 11 3193-1001 or +55 11 2820-4001. The Conference ID is PagSeguro.
To listen to a live webcast, please visit PagSeguro´s IR website at investors.pagseguro.com. A replay will be available on the same website following the call.
PagSeguro Digital is a disruptive provider of financial technology solutions focused primarily on micro-merchants, small companies and medium-sized companies in Brazil. PagSeguro Digital’s business model covers all of the following five pillars:
- Multiple digital payment solutions;
- In-person payments via point of sale (POS) devices that PagSeguro Digital sell to merchants;
- Free digital accounts;
- Issuer of prepaid cards to clients for spending or withdrawing account balances; and
- Operating as an acquirer.
PagSeguro Digital is an UOL Group Company that provides an easy, safe and hassle-free way of accepting payments, where its clients can transact and manage their cash, without the need to open a bank account. PagSeguro Digital’s end-to-end digital ecosystem enables its customers to accept a wide range of online and in-person payment methods, including credit cards, debit cards, meal voucher cards, boletos, bank transfers, bank debits and cash deposits.
PagSeguro Digital’s mission is to disrupt and democratize financial services in Brazil, a concentrated, underpenetrated and high interest rate market, by providing an end-to-end digital ecosystem that is safe, affordable, simple and mobile-first for both merchants and consumers. For more information visit http://investors.pagseguro.com