SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 26, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global infection surveillance solutions market size is poised to reach USD 1.0 billion by 2026, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., progressing at a CAGR of 14.3% during the forecast period. Improving healthcare settings worldwide coupled with advancements in healthcare IT infrastructure is projected to play a pivotal role in the growth of the market. Rising prevalence of healthcare associated infections (HAIs) has been one of the critical factors driving the market.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Surgical site infections emerged as the most promising segment during the forecast period owing to increasing number of surgeries being performed worldwide
- On the basis of the product and services segment, the on-premise software segment commanded the largest share in the market owing to its increased usage
- North America dominated the market in 2017. Government programs and rising awareness about infection surveillance are facilitating the dominance of this region during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific is estimated to witness swift growth during the forecast period due to increasing establishment of hospital chains and huge patient population
- Few of the key market players are Wolters Kluwer N.V; Gojo Industries; Becton; Dickinson and Company; RL Solutions; Baxter International Inc.; Premier Inc.; and Truven Health Analytics (An IBM Company).
Read 91 page research report with TOC on "Infection Surveillance Solutions Market Analysis Report By End Use (Hospitals, Care Centers), By Product and Services, By Infection (Surgical Site, Urinary Tract, Blood Stream), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2026" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/infection-surveillance-solutions-market
According to HAI Prevalence Survey conducted by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in 2014, around 722,000 cases of HAIs were detected in the U.S hospitals alone. Moreover, according to the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) in 2016, 18,924 HAIs cases were reported in 400 acute care hospitals. In addition, as per facts published by the European Commission (EC), around 25,000 people die in European Union (EU) from antibiotic resistant bacteria. The figure is expected to increase to 10 million deaths per year, if current infection trend continues by 2050.
Rising collaboration and government initiatives are also stimulating the growth of the market. For instance, in January 2018, Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and Pfizer, Inc. signed partnership agreement to introduce anti-microbial resistance stewardship programs. The objective was to scale up AMR surveillance network in India.
Find more research reports on Healthcare IT Industry, by Grand View Research:
Grand View Research has segmented the global infection surveillance solutions market based on infection type, product and services, end use, and region:
- Infection Surveillance Solutions Product and Services Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2026)
- Infection Surveillance Solutions Infection Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2026)
- Surgical Site Infections (SSI)
- Blood Stream Infections (BSI)
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
· Infection Surveillance Solutions End Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2026)
- Long Term Care Facilities
- Others (Clinics, and Ambulatory Surgical Centers)
- Infection Surveillance Solutions Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Post-marketing Pharmacovigilance and Medical Information Market - The global post-marketing pharmacovigilance and medical information market size was valued at USD 2.02 billion in 2014. Rising demand for new drug development coupled with presence of technologically advanced
- Healthcare Cognitive Computing Market – The Global healthcare cognitive computing market size was valued at nearly USD 738.5 million in 2014. Key growth drivers include information explosion of structured and unstructured data, technological advancements.
- Telemedicine Technology Market – The Global Telemedicine Technology market is expected to experience rapid growth over the forecast period owing to increasing health concerns across the world.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc