SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 27, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global islamic clothing market size is expected to reach USD 88.35 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is anticipated to register a CAGR of 5.0% over the forecast period. Increasing expenditure by Islamic population on lifestyle and apparels, especially among the wealthy, elite, and traditional Middle Eastern population is expected to propel the product demand.
Key suggestions from the report:
- In 2017, ethnic wear accounted for 70.9% market share, in terms of revenue, owing to rising demand for the abayas and hijabs and thobes and jubbas in countries with a high Islamic population
- Burkha and naqaab segment is expected to expand at a CAGR of 5.4% from 2017 to 2025 owing to increasing demand from Middle Eastern countries including Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Iraq
- Sustainable fashion is expected to register a CAGR of 4.9% over the forecast period on account of the shifting focus of the leading fashion brands towards the development of innovative clothing options for younger population
- Asia Pacific contributed to over 31.3% revenue share in 2017 owing to the presence of over 63% of global Muslim population in Indonesia, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Myanmar, and Morocco
- Key players operating in the Islamic clothing market are House of Fraser, Marks & Spenser, Aab, H&M, and Mango among others. Leading companies cater to the rising demand for diverse options from different parts of the world. Few manufacturers are large-scale producers with a diverse product portfolio, which enables them to cater to the increasing demand
Read 80 page research report with TOC on "Islamic Clothing Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Ethnic Wear, Sustainable Fashion, Sportswear), By Region (Middle East & Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/islamic-clothing-market
Major countries outside Western fashion industry contributing to a significant share include Malaysia, Turkey, and Indonesia, where the industry is highly lucrative. Controversies around losing the ethnic value of Muslim clothing due to its shift towards mainstream fashion industry is projected to hamper the growth.
Initiation of various marketing campaigns by industry players in line with maintaining the very core of the Muslim percepts, Sharia, or the Islamic law is projected to propel growth of the Islamic clothing market. In addition, increasing demand for modest yet fashionable clothing, especially from young generation with high purchasing power is likely to complement market growth.
Increasing reservations regarding over-commercialization of what is primarily meant to be a rigorous religious mandate can pose as a challenge to the market players. In addition, involvement of multinational fashion brands is projected to restrain growth of the small Islamic clothing companies.
Grand View Research has segmented the global Islamic clothing market on the basis of product and region:
- Islamic Clothing Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Ethnic and Womenswear
- Abayas & Hijabs
- Prayer Outfits
- Burkha & Naqaab
- Thobes & Jubbas
- Sustainable Fashion
- Islamic Clothing Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Find more research reports on Smart Textiles, by Grand View Research:
- Chemical Protective Clothing Market - The Global chemical protective clothing market is expected to be valued around USD 1.5 billion by 2022. The industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 6% from 2015-2022.
- Ballistic Protection Market - The global ballistic protection market is expected to witness sustainable growth over the forecast period on account of growing external as well as internal security threats due to conflicts between countries along with increasing warfare situations.
- Sports Apparel Market - Rising health consciousness and changing fashion trends are expected to drive the global sports apparel market over the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc