SOURCE: America's CharitiesDESCRIPTION:
First held in 1974, World Environment Day (celebrated on June 5th each year) is a day for raising awareness about environmental issues that need our attention including, human overpopulation, global warming, pollution, and conservation.In recognition of #WorldEnvironmentDay2019, America's Charities is celebrating the following agents of change who we are proud to call our members.
One of the most cost-efficient ways you can support these nonprofits is to donate to them via payroll deduction through your employer's workplace giving program (Don't have a program? Click here to have your employer contact our team.) Click on each charity's name above to learn more about their work, and to make a donation now!
- The Conservation Fund: The Conservation Fund strives to protect our nation’s land, water, and wildlife by finding positive, lasting solutions to conserve these precious resources and species, and to achieve environmental and economic outcomes. Learn more.
- Rails-to-Trails: Since 1986, Rails-to-Trails has worked from coast to coast, supporting the development of thousands of miles of rail-trails for millions to explore and enjoy, and to build healthier places for healthier people. Learn more.
- Population Connection: Each year, the world population grows by nearly 80 million people. Through Population Connection's programs, events, and member advocacy efforts, they are working to increase awareness about the many environmental and social implications of rapid population growth. Learn more.
- Lions Clubs International Foundation: The Foundation is dedicated to helping Lions nationwide take on large-scale projects that will create a sustainable and healthy future for generations to come. From recycling programs to ensuring all areas have access to clean water, they're working hard to keep the earth in its best condition. Learn more.
- Feeding America: Food waste is a pressing issue in our country, both at a commercial and consumer level. Not only does excessive food waste hit us hard in our bank accounts, it has a huge impact on the environment that we all share. Over 20% of landfill volume is comprised of food waste and 21% of all fresh water used goes toward the production of food that ends up being discarded. Learn some steps you can take to keep your food fresh and fight food waste. And click here to see how Feeding America and its network of partners are working together to fight food waste with food rescue.
- Boy Scouts of America (BSA): From a Cub Scout’s first hike in a local park to the thrill of BSA's High Adventure bases, from their backyard to the backcountry, BSA's outdoor ethics guide our youth to be responsible outdoor citizens — protecting our natural world for generations to come and being considerate of other visitors. Scouting has a long, proud tradition of conservation service to the nation, providing leadership to youth to reduce their impacts by making good choices that preserve and conserve our rich environmental heritage. Learn more.
- Boy Scouts of America National Capital Area: The time spent by youth at Scout Camp is not only about building campfires and spending time in nature. Scouts may not realize it at the time, but all of the challenges, triumphs, teamwork and fun they experienced at camp will help them on their way to becoming strong, confident leaders tomorrow. Guided by caring and committed mentors, boys gain self-confidence; develop leadership skills; learned about self-sacrifice and teamwork; embraced values like honesty and courage; showed respect for the outdoors; and simply have the time of their lives. That's the adventure that Boy Scouts provides. Young people having fun, being happy, in an environment that fosters positive growth. Learn more.
Tweet me: .@AmerCharities: This #WorldEnvironmentDay embrace our beautiful planet & our shared responsibility to protect it by supporting our high-impact nonprofit members: @ConservationFnd @railstotrails @popconnect @lionsclubs @FeedingAmerica @boyscouts @NCACBSA https://impact.ac/2Wzxjzq
KEYWORDS: America’s Charities, workplace giving, employee giving, Corporate Social Responsibility, csr, charity vetting, payroll deduction giving, Fundraising, #SDGs, Volunteer Management Software, employee giving software, World Environmental Day