LONDON - January 6, 2020 - (Newswire.com)
Aquapak Polymers Ltd is seeking US manufacturers who want to add an eco, non-toxic and marine-safe alternative to their range of laundry bags.
Aquapak's hot-water soluble polymer, made from a blend of Polyvinylalcohol, has been formulated using Aquapak's special technology into a standard pellet which is suitable for use in most traditional thermoplastic processing equipment. The proven technology transfer process can be installed with help from the experienced Aquapak technical team, thereby allowing early adoption of this unique opportunity to bring an innovative and high functional new polymer to the U.S. market to replace a range of traditional and non-recyclable plastics.
Aquapak already has already established a market for eco laundry bags in Australia, where they are being used in hospitals and hotels to contain dirty and/or contaminated laundry.
Benefits to laundry bag manufacturers
- Laundry bags made from Aquapak polymer give an environmentally friendly alternative to traditional polythene laundry bags
- Aquapak polymer can be used in existing machinery
- Full, proven technology transfer from Aquapak Polymers' team
- End-of-life bag disposal designed-in by being completely dissolved in hot water
- Aquapak polymer is non-toxic, marine safe and dissolves in hot water to leave just water, carbon dioxide and mineralised biomass
Benefits to laundry bag end users
- Strong and functional - no need to double bag; no tearing or bursting
- Can be put straight into the washing machine without needing to open or debag
- Whole bag dissolves in hot wash without residue to clean from machine or laundry (i.e. end of life designed in)
- Reduced machine breakdown and maintenance as no plastic residue left
- Elimination of toxic landfill and incineration waste
- No incineration means cost savings from reduced linen replacement
Aquapak has recently shared a case study detailing how laundry bags and cytotoxic bags made from Aquapak polymer are being used in its first target market, Australia. DB Packaging supplies these to hospitals and care homes, hotels and commercial laundries. They approached Aquapak as they wanted an 'eco' version that would retain the strength, puncture resistance, barrier properties and durability of traditional laundry bags whilst reducing the amount of contaminated bed linen which had to be incinerated. The resulting bags remove the process of having to remove laundry from bags before washing and negate the occupational health and safety risks when there is heavily soiled, infectious or cytotoxic content. Cytotoxic linen is also easily identified.
Commenting on this recent launch, Mark Lapping, CEO at Aquapak said, "It's fantastic to see Aquapak polymer being made into laundry and cytotoxic bags that in turn are improving health and safety whilst reducing processing costs. We look forward to finding partners with whom we can expand this transformation into other territories such as the USA."
About Aquapak: Aquapak develops and manufactures marine-safe and non-toxic hydrophilic polymer resin pellets. They enable users to maintain the primary function of their products whilst designing in end-of-life such as recyclability and anaerobic digestion.
Aquapak polymer can be used on its own to replace traditional, single-use polymers or combined with other materials to create products and packaging solutions for many different industries.
Aquapak polymer FAQ
Press Release Service by Newswire.com
Original Source: Aquapak Polymers Ltd Seeks US Laundry Bag Manufacturers