SOURCE: American ExpressDESCRIPTION:
February 18, 2020 /3BL Media/ - American Express has been ranked ninth on the 2020 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list in the U.S., a recognition of the company’s continuous focus on enhancing the colleague experience. The ranking, which was determined based on feedback from employees, demonstrates our deep commitment to creating a culture of inclusion and diversity, and providing engaging and meaningful experiences that enable all colleagues to reach their full potential.
The rankings were determined based on an analysis of employee survey responses by Great Place to Work® on factors including employees’ trust in their leaders, the respect with which people are treated, the fairness of workplace decisions and team camaraderie. This is the 20th year that American Express has been included on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list, earning the company the distinction of being a “Great Place to Work Legend.”
American Express’ vision is to provide the world’s best customer experience every day, and our colleagues are instrumental in making that happen. We provide an array of talent and leadership development opportunities, policies and benefits, and other resources that enable our colleagues to achieve success in their professional and personal lives:
- Through a new signature initiative called The Ambition Project, we are raising awareness about the important role that ambition plays in women’s professional and personal success with targeted programming, candid discussions and insightful research.
- We believe in rewarding the contributions of all our colleagues, and in 2019, we expanded our annual performance bonus program to include colleagues at all levels of the company.
- To support our colleagues in work and in life, we provide world class benefits and services, including 20 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave in the U.S., plus an additional six to eight weeks of paid, medically necessary leave for birthing mothers.
- We take a holistic approach to the wellbeing of our colleagues and their families, with resources including a Mental Health Awareness Training launched in 2019, on-site Healthy Living Wellness Centers, and Health Advocate telephone concierge that can help colleagues locate doctors, schedule appointments and assist with eldercare.
- Our colleagues play an active role in supporting the communities we serve. Each year, thousands of American Express colleagues roll up their sleeves and join company-sponsored community projects. In 2019, our colleagues pledged over $5 million in donations to charities and organizations of importance to them, which we matched dollar-for-dollar.
- Colleagues have opportunities to learn and grow as leaders through the American Express Leadership Academy, which provides training and development experiences tailored to individuals at all levels of the company.
- We have rolled out inclusive leadership and unconscious bias training to all colleagues globally, because we believe each of us plays a role in helping shape the inclusive and diverse culture we want to have. Our 16 Colleague Networks have more than 100 chapters globally that provide an outlet for colleagues to meet others with shared backgrounds and interests.
To learn more about careers at American Express, visit https://careers.americanexpress.com/. For more information about our focus on inclusion and diversity, visit https://www.americanexpress.com/us/company/global-diversity-and-inclusion.html.
ABOUT AMERICAN EXPRESS
American Express is a globally integrated payments company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Learn more at americanexpress.com and connect with us on facebook.com/americanexpress, instagram.com/americanexpress, linkedin.com/company/american-express, twitter.com/americanexpress, and youtube.com/americanexpress.
Key links to products, services and corporate responsibility information: charge and credit cards, business credit cards, travel services, gift cards, prepaid cards, merchant services, Accertify, InAuth, corporate card, business travel, and corporate responsibility.Contact Info:
+1 (212) 640-8610
+1 (212) 640-7034
KEYWORDS: NYSE:AXP, American Express, Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For