myStockOptions has expanded its Learning Center, which offers continuing education credits for Certified Financial Planners (CFPs) and other financial professionals
(PRUnderground) May 20th, 2020
myStockOptions.com (https://www.mystockoptions.com/) has expanded the valuable offerings in its Learning Center, which offers continuing education (CE) credits for Certified Financial Planners (CFPs), Certified Equity Professionals (CEPs), Certified Private Wealth Advisors (CPWAs), and Certified Investment Management Analysts (CIMAs). A new course and exam on taxation and tax reporting for equity compensation builds on the previously established programs about financial planning, stock options, restricted stock and restricted stock units, employee stock purchase plans, and SEC law.
Credits offered by the programs in the myStockOptions Learning Center (https://www.mystockoptions.com/learningcenter/):
– 35 continuing education credits for CEPs (over 100% of the total requirement)
– 18 continuing education credits for CFPs (60% of the total requirement)
– 18 continuing education credits for CPWAs and CIMAs (45% of the total requirement)
“Our CE courses not only demonstrate the practical expertise and excellence of our content,” explains Bruce Brumberg, the editor-in-chief at myStockOptions.com. “More than that, they add significant value to memberships at our websites, which have a big following among financial advisors, stock comp professionals, and stock plan participants. These are engaging online self-study programs that busy professionals can take at their convenience to obtain necessary CE credits.”
“The value of our CE courses as efficient educational tools has also led some major financial institutions to use our Learning Center for internal training and their in-house certification programs,” adds Mr. Brumberg.
Seven Courses And Exams
The myStockOptions Learning Center now comprises seven separate online self-study courses and exams:
– Taxation & Tax Reporting: Course of Study and Exam
– Financial Planning with Stock Compensation: Course of Study and Exam
– Restricted Stock, RSUs, and Performance Shares: Course of Study and Exam
– Nonqualified Stock Options: Course of Study and Exam
– Employee Stock Purchase Plans: Course of Study and Exam
– Basics of SEC Law: Course of Study and Exam
– Incentive Stock Options: Course of Study and Exam (not available for CFP credit)
Each course features podcasts, articles, FAQs, and videos from myStockOptions.com. They are woven into a dynamic, interactive learning tool that teaches the topics in a memorable way. The answer key for each exam also links to relevant content on the site for further reading and learning.
CPE For Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)
Many states have a process for CPAs to self-determine whether a program qualifies as acceptable continuing education. CPAs are encouraged to take the myStockOptions courses and exams and determine whether they comply with their states’ rules for CPE credits.
CE For CFA Charterholders
Chartered Financial Analysts (CFAs) are encouraged to take the myStockOptions courses and exams and include them when they self-document their continuing professional development in the online CE tracker on the CFA Institute website.
Disclaimer: The news site hosting this press release is not associated with myStockOptions.com. It is merely publishing a press release announcement submitted by a company, without any stated or implied endorsement of the information, product or service. Please refer to a tax attorney or CPA for tax advice.
With award-winning content and tools, myStockOptions.com is an independent and unbiased source of expertise on stock options, restricted stock, restricted stock units, performance shares, stock appreciation rights, and employee stock purchase plans. We specialize in making complex stock compensation topics clearly understandable and relatable, in plain English and with an engaging style. Our audience includes:
– stock plan participants
– financial planners, wealth advisors, and CPAs
– professionals in stock plan administration, human resources, compensation, and finance
– attorneys, corporate counsel, and other members of legal staff
In addition to individual memberships, we also offer corporate services.Press Contact
Original Press Release.