Amid Covid-19 and its financial fallout, leading financial planners headline a myStockOptions webinar with insights on how advisors must re-evaluate planning approaches.
(PRUnderground) June 30th, 2020
The Covid-19 pandemic is impacting both company approaches to stock compensation and the financial-planning strategies advisors must consider for clients with equity comp, such as stock options and restricted stock units. After a wild downturn and upswing in the stock markets, financial planning for stock comp continues to be tested by ongoing stock-price volatility, economic uncertainty, corporate layoffs, and indefinite employment furloughs. It is more important than ever for financial advisors to re-evaluate approaches in this planning niche.
This is the subject of a special one-hour webinar being held by myStockOptions.com, the leading online resource of expertise on stock compensation. In this online event, leading financial advisors and equity comp experts will discuss how to reconsider planning for stock compensation and company shares amid the Covid-19 pandemic and its fallout:
Financial Planning For Equity Compensation During The Pandemic
July 22, 2:00pm–3:00pm ET
– Meg Bartelt, CFP® (Flow Financial Planning)
– Tim Kochis, CFP® (Kochis Global, former CEO and Chairman of Aspiriant)
– C.J. Van Ostenbridge, CEP (Infinite Equity)
– Jane Yoo, CFP® (Jane Financial)
– Bruce Brumberg, discussion moderator (myStockOptions)
After explaining how companies are changing their stock grants, including trends in approaches to underwater stock options, the discussion will turn to what the pandemic and its impacts mean for financial planning. Key topics:
– what to do with vested stock options
– strategies for nonqualified stock options and incentive stock options
– whether to immediately sell restricted stock or restricted stock units when the grant vests
– whether to participate in an employee stock purchase plan, and ESPP benefits even in down markets
– special strategies for grants in private companies
– helping stock comp clients through layoffs, furloughs, and new job opportunities
Registration for this important webinar is now open. Details of the discussion topics are available on the registration page. The webinar offers 1.0 CE credit hour for Certified Financial Planners (CFPs) and for Certified Equity Professionals (CEPs). CE credit for CIMA and CPWA is currently under application but expected.
Disclaimer: The news site hosting this press release is not associated with myStockOptions.com. It is merely publishing a press release announcement submitted by a company, without any stated or implied endorsement of the information, product or service. Please refer to a tax attorney or CPA for tax advice.
With award-winning content and tools, myStockOptions.com is an independent and unbiased source of expertise on stock options, restricted stock, restricted stock units, performance shares, stock appreciation rights, and employee stock purchase plans. We specialize in making complex stock compensation topics clearly understandable and relatable, in plain English and with an engaging style. Our audience includes:
– stock plan participants
– financial planners, wealth advisors, and CPAs
– professionals in stock plan administration, human resources, compensation, and finance
– attorneys, corporate counsel, and other members of legal staff
In addition to individual memberships, we also offer corporate services.Press Contact
Original Press Release.