SOURCE: 3BL AlertsDESCRIPTION:
Kingfisher plc, the international home improvement company, has today launched its Responsible Business Report, along with four new responsible business priority areas.
This follows the announcement of its new group strategy in June – Powered by Kingfisher – and sets out the four priority areas where Kingfisher believes it can use its experience, scale and influence to achieve the most positive impact. These are:
- Colleagues: becoming a more inclusive company;
- Planet: becoming forest positive and helping to tackle climate change;
- Customers: helping to make greener, healthier homes affordable; and
- Communities: fighting to fix bad housing.
As the latest report shows, Kingfisher has already made strong progress in many areas, including:
- 37% of total company sales from products that help make customers’ homes greener and healthier, including LED lighting, low-flow taps, and low VOC paint;
- Opened 12 zero energy stores across the UK;
- Enabled over 355,000 people to benefit from grants, volunteer support and product donations since 2016/17 with 19,600 colleague hours spent volunteering in local communities in 2019, and,
- 18% reduction in scope 1 and 2 absolute greenhouse gas emissions within its own operations, ensuring Kingfisher is on track to deliver against its 2025 carbon reduction targets – approved by the Science Based Targets Initiative. Kingfisher is one of a handful of retailers to achieve this verification.
The report sets out new commitments that Kingfisher will deliver by 2025. This includes a net positive aspiration to create more forests than it uses and become forest positive by 2025 through supporting reforestation projects from 2021.
To support delivery of its ambitious targets, Kingfisher has created a Responsible Business Committee, reporting to the Board. It will also formally recognise the contribution of its colleagues by including Responsible Business metrics in annual reward targets for its colleague bonus.
Read more about this and Kingfisher’s progress in 2019/20 in its Responsible Business Report, published today.
Kingfisher plc is an international home improvement company with over 1,360 stores in nine countries across Europe. We operate under retail brands including B&Q, Castorama, Brico Dépôt, Screwfix and Koçtaş, supported by a team of over 77,000 colleagues. We offer home improvement products and services to consumers and trade professionals who shop in our stores and via our e-commerce channels. At Kingfisher, our purpose is to make home improvement accessible for everyone
Media Contact Info:
+44 (0) 20 7420 3184
KEYWORDS: kingfisher plc, ReportAlert