Originally Posted On: https://www.digilee.com.au/Blog3
What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing is a specific strategy that involves the use of all types of digital channels for brand promotion. These include radio, TV, the Internet and so on. Compared to online marketing, digital marketing delivers information to an audience located in an offline environment (programs on smartphones, outdoor advertising screens, SMS). Digital marketing provides such opportunities:
The use of a huge number of different technologies;
- Comprehensive brand promotion, covering not only online, but also offline consumers;
- Establishing uninterrupted, high-quality communication between advertisers and buyers;
- The ability to perform any tasks;
- The optimal combination of technology and human resources, the observance of the optimal balance, taking into account the characteristics of the goods sold and the requests of the target audience
- The ability to evaluate and analyze the results of the promotion, which in turn allows you to quickly change the properties of the product in accordance with market inquiries.
Digital marketing is successfully used in online training, online stores, real estate agencies, as well as in advertising the brand of serious companies. Digital technology is a key success factor in any area of business. During the advertising campaign, the main thing is to understand the desires, plans, and requests of consumers.
Analysis of user behavior and their data (date of birth, location, etc.) allow you to create a plan that will help a potential client easily achieve the goal. It is very important that there is a definite agreement between the company’s commercial goals and customer requests.
Digital Internet marketing as a whole is part of everyday life. After all, we all use different entertainment digital channels and Internet applications. Online marketing involves not only the study of the target audience,
What channels are digital?
In the first place are the Internet and all devices that provide access to it (phones, tablets, laptops, etc.). Other channels include:
- Local networks. These are online networks of enterprises or districts of the city through which users can play, communicate and exchange necessary information. At this point, the local networks are connected to the Internet;
- Digital television. It has practically supplanted the analog one and is becoming increasingly integrated with online applications every day. Now everyone can easily get through the social networks or get the latest news through the TV;
- Mobile devices. If earlier information about any product or service was delivered via SMS messages, today you can install branded applications or WOW calls to your phone;
- Tablets. By installing special programs, the user can watch movies, play games, use social networks, and more. Some people cannot imagine life without these gadgets, so they can consume information around the clock;
- Interactive screens. These are pos-terminals installed in shops, cafes, on the street. This is an alternative replacement for traditional outdoor advertising. This type of media allows you to work very closely with customers;
- Digital gadgets. These are devices that collect information and then transfer them to other media. These include fitness bracelets, smartwatches and more.
Comprehensive marketing involves the use of channels that allow you to analyze marketing companies and understand what works and what doesn’t. In this case, you need to know your customers well, then you will be able to understand where and when they are ready to get the most out of the information message. Understanding potential customer behavior increases the likelihood of increased conversion.
Basic Principles of Digital Marketing
Interactive marketing differs from traditional marketing in the ability to forecast and calculate revenues, measure results, and identify all the errors made. It should be understood that the use of one or two technologies will not be sufficient for success. In this case, you will need to create pilot projects that need to be monitored and monitor how the methods used work. Comprehensive internet marketing is based on the following principles:
- The skillful combination of human resources with modern technology. These two components must be correctly combined;
- Promotion and Internet marketing involves combining a huge number of different ways of promotion (Web, social and so on);
- Integration with sales, customer service;
- The use of customer data that users themselves provide in the public domain;
- Uninterrupted communication with consumers. The key to success is applied in the course of the advertising campaign technology. Market trends are changing very quickly, so you need to meet the present, otherwise, you can become irrelevant by promoting products without corresponding demand.
During the development of any strategy, you need to understand how new technologies will be introduced, and what methods you need to pay attention to in a timely manner. Digital marketing is based on mobile and social areas, as well as websites. They allow you to find and attract users.
Each company must have a website that creates an information base that allows experts to analyze the audience and its preferences. It should be attractive, useful and relevant to modern marketing trends. It is better if there are calls for certain actions on the web portals (a proposal to fill out a form, specify an e-mail address, etc.).
Interactive marketing allows you to find customers in areas where minimal hopes are placed. This is possible only with competent campaigning and the use of the necessary technologies. Digital marketing will allow you to convey product information to the maximum number of consumers in a short period of time. An important advantage is the possibility of two-way communication with consumers.
The social component and its importance
The best tool for communication with the target audience is social networks. These include media platforms for conversation, collaboration, and community building. They provide the ability to regularly communicate with users and build a reputation.
A very important part of the social component is content. Press releases, blog posts, and case studies are most often used for promotion. To communicate with customers, the company must choose a certain manner of communication. To understand what should be the so-called voice of the company, you need to decide on these points:
- Type of target audience;
- Readability of content;
- The frequency of calls to the user;
- Types of channels used;
- All these nuances are very important. After all, potential customers are very appreciated by those organizations that assist in finding the right information or offer a quality product. Against this background, the company has the opportunity to inconspicuously sell their goods.
If you decide to use digital marketing to promote your business online, the digital agency ADS group will help you realize your plans.
Types of digital marketing
1. Search Engine Optimization (SEO): These are strategies used to achieve organic search engine rankings (Google, BING, etc.). In this case, you will be concerned about the good structure of your pages/posts that can be easily found, with the volume of pages/posts of your site/blog, as well as partnerships for getting links to your site (this increases its relevance)
2. Outbound marketing: In this type of digital marketing, you will work with the purchase of paid advertising. This type of strategy complements SEO because it gives short-term results! The best-known services using this type of model are Google Adwords on Facebook Ads. In both cases, you pay per click that you get; this is called PPC.
3. Email: Another very famous term in the digital marketing world is email sending. This strategy still remains one of the most used and with the greatest result. E-mail marketing campaigns mean getting the email addresses of customers and potential customers to send out regular information about your business. Usually, this strategy is very much related to content marketing.
4. Content Marketing (Inbound): Content marketing is fully tied to SEO strategies and, in most cases, also to E-mail Marketing. Using content marketing strategies means that you create messages, videos, e-books, etc., to help your customers with problems related to your product/service, and in the process seek to bring them to your site. Usually, it is very connected with the blog, as well as profiles on social networks!
5. Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate Digital Marketing Strategy – search for websites / influential people who speak with the same audience as your company and offer them a commission to advertise your products. This is quite common when you have e-commerce, and this is a strategy that helps with SEO because it generates links recommending your site!
6. Social marketing: Of all the types of marketing on this list, this is probably the most recent. He began to explode in recent years with the growth of Facebook and all other social networks. It is closely related to content marketing strategies and, as with Facebook, for marketing campaigns of efficiency. This is because you can allow your content to be distributed organically on networks or also sponsor them to increase your reach!
The benefits of digital marketing
- Ability to reach a wide enough audience through online and offline channels,
- A potential client can be contacted directly,
- The ability to quickly convey information to the audience,
- Collecting analytics at each stage of the advertising campaign
- Targeting is available for advertising campaigns, which allow focusing specifically on the target audience,
- An advertising campaign is possible even with a small budget.
- Increase brand awareness and user loyalty to it.
If you have long wanted to integrate digital into your marketing and business, then you need a strategy. I prepared small step-by-step instructions on what and how:
Combine the goals of your business and the goals of digital integration (that is, why start it all up?
Determine your target audience. The one for which you are embarking on integrating your business with digital.
- This will help you to determine the target audience ;
- Formulate your unique selling proposition UTP ;
- Channels and tools. Here it is important to evaluate what you already have and use, and find those channels that are not involved;
- Think over content marketing. Not even that. A content marketing strategy, and how you will convey it to your target audience;
- Prioritize tasks. Here I think no need to explain. Arrange the tasks, performers, deadlines and, of course, -determine the advertising budgets for the launch of such a strategy;
- Think about how you will evaluate intermediate results (the very KPIs );
- It seems to be all. But no! This is where the most important and most terrible thing arises – analysis.
And as a consequence of it, the adjustment. Yes, that’s what the whole digital business is all about.
You need to constantly analyze it, adjust, eliminate the problem, non-working places and work on improving the strategy.
Did they snort again?
Well, let’s write on a particular company that we will come up with right now. So to say, we will create an ideal company in the world, which you, dear colleague, will manage in these happy moments.
Let’s imagine that you are a building materials store owner. Now let’s write everything in detail:
- Goals you need to increase sales of building materials with the help of a new mobile learning application.
- The target audience. People who make repairs for the first time in their new apartment (from scratch).
- Unique selling propositions… Alas, in 5 minutes you will not think up.
- Channels. People coming to the site or to the store receive promotional materials with a call to install the application using a special promotional code.
- Content Mobile application with ready-made stages of construction, with ready-made tasks and descriptions, which the customer must take into account when building a dream apartment.
- Tasks. Create promotional materials with the call, create the main stages of construction, write educational articles (make a video), develop a mobile application.
- Intermediate results (assessment of deadlines, volumes and other KPIs set)
- Analyst. Number of downloads of the application and number of uses of the application
What are the trends of digital marketing?
Along with the classical schemes of promotion and standard channels of promotion, specialists use new technologies of interaction with consumers. Several such technologies appear each year, so it’s important to track changes in digital marketing.
The Internet provides great opportunities for small and large companies. Even an unknown firm can declare itself and be heard by a multi-million audience of users. Through digital marketing, you bring your message to a huge number of consumers. No other promotion tool is capable of producing a similar effect.