PCI Gaming, operator of the new Wind Creek Wetumpka Casino-Hotel, has unveiled a major awareness campaign targeting Atlanta to support the opening of this new resort. The multi-channel effort includes unique and innovative interactive promotions and marketing elements aimed at building awareness in the Atlanta market for what will become the city’s closest casino.
Among the elements of the campaign are:
- TV spots on the city’s 6 major TV stations (WSB, WAGA, WXIA, WGCL, WATL, and WUPA) throughout the month of December.
- Out-of-home advertising on interstate billboards and at kiosk locations in Lenox Square.
- “Station dominations” at MARTA’s Five Points station (in December and January) and Lenox Square station (in January) featuring Wind Creek Wetumpka advertising exclusively.
- Advertising in the MARTA stations and at Lenox Square will feature QR codes and text message prompts inviting viewers to access a mobile casino-style game. Players can win up to $100 in free casino play or a chance to win a European river cruise vacation and a $5000 prize. Foursquare users “checking in” at MARTA stations can also gain access to the game.
- MARTA train wraps as well as ad placements inside MARTA trains and on MARTA TV.
“This marketing campaign will touch Atlantans through many different forms and in many different places,” said PCI Gaming Vice-President of Marketing Michael Perhaes. “Whether you are out shopping for holiday gifts, commuting to work, watching TV, or just surfing the web you will be exposed to our message that Wind Creek Wetumpka is Atlanta’s newest entertainment option.”
The focus of this campaign is to support awareness for the December 17 opening of Wind Creek Wetumpka, PCI Gaming’s newest and largest property. The $250 million casino-hotel is a two-hour drive from downtown Atlanta, just outside Montgomery, Alabama, and is the city’s closest casino. Wind Creek Wetumpka offers 2,520 gaming machines on an 85,000 square-foot casino floor. That’s about the size of two football fields. It is surrounded by 5 restaurants including a luxury steakhouse, Fire, whose sister restaurant at the Wind Creek Atmore earned AAA’s coveted four-diamond award, the only restaurant in Alabama with that distinction. There is a 16,000-gallon shark tank in the center of the casino. The 20-story, 283-room hotel opens in early February.
The campaign features more than a million dollars in advertising around the city.
For press inquires about Wind Creek Wetumpka’s opening and plans for the Atlanta market, please contact Jason Evans at JEvans@ThePartnership.com or 404-309-0303.
About Wind Creek Wetumpka
Wind Creek Wetumpka features five restaurants, an 85,000 square foot gaming floor with 2,520 machines and several deluxe meeting spaces. It is connected to a 20-story, 283-room luxury hotel that offers the finest in resort amenities including beautifully furnished, spacious rooms and 24-hour-a-day room service. Go to http://windcreekwetumpka.com/ for more information.
The Poarch Band of Creek Indians are descendants of the original Creek Nation, which once covered almost all of Alabama and Georgia. The Tribe owns several other businesses in Alabama including Wind Creek Casino & Hotel in Atmore, AL and Creek Casino Montgomery.