Umpqua Bank, a subsidiary of Umpqua Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: UMPQ), will open five new stores in the Portland metropolitan area over the next 12 months that feature the bank’s signature, innovative retail approach and customer experience. The new locations bring to the greater Portland market a total of 25 Umpqua Bank stores and seven mini stores in local retirement centers.
“We already have a strong presence and loyal customers in the greater Portland area, and have been looking for the next great communities that will embrace our unconventional banking experience,” said Ray Davis, president and CEO of Umpqua Bank. "If you’ve ever been inside one of our stores, you know that our delivery is a dramatic shift away from traditional bank branches. We become part of a neighborhood much the way a coffee shop would, combining friendly associates who know you by name with smart design and a customer experience that reflects the character of the community."
Each of the five new stores will provide customers and visitors with an engaging space to not only bank, but browse local merchandise, shop online, enjoy a cup of coffee and learn about local events. They will offer personal banking, mortgage lending, business finance and lending resources, and will also feature:
- A Discover Wall that digitally showcases neighborhood events, financial tools, product information and community involvement statistics and opportunities.
- An electronic community bulletin board where Umpqua – as well as local organizations and individuals – can post events and neighborhood photos.
- A LocalSpotlight program featuring local merchants and their products.
- A Computer Café for consumers to bank online and surf the Internet, and explore Umpqua’s in-store digital experience.
- A hotline phone to call the bank’s president directly.
- Free Umpqua blend coffee and Smith Teamaker personally crafted teas.
- Umpqua’s signature service delivery model, which includes Ritz Carlton-trained associates, and special touches such as a gourmet chocolate coin with each transaction and videos by Pacific Northwest artists.
- The Barnes Road location will feature drive-up services.
Four of the five new stores will be located in the following neighborhoods: Hawthorne (opening December 22, 2010), Multnomah Village (opening February 2011), Barnes Road (opening July 2011) and Progress Ridge in Beaverton (opening late 2011). The fifth location will be announced later next year.
Umpqua Bank’s signature and award-winning neighborhood store concept grew from the company’s belief that it's possible to create community and foster connections between businesses, organizations and consumers by offering a thoughtful combination of products, services, information and resources.
For information about current Umpqua store locations and hours of operation, visit www.umpquabank.com/locator.
About Umpqua Bank
Umpqua Bank, headquartered in Roseburg, Ore., is a subsidiary of Umpqua Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: UMPQ) and has 182 locations between San Francisco and Seattle, along the Oregon and Northern California Coast, and in Central Oregon and Northern Nevada. Umpqua Bank has been recognized for its innovative customer experience and banking strategy by national publications including The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, BusinessWeek, Fast Company and CNBC. The company has been recognized for the past four years in a row on FORTUNE magazine’s list of the country’s “100 Best Companies To Work For.” Umpqua Holdings also owns a retail brokerage subsidiary, Umpqua Investments Inc., which offers services through Umpqua Bank stores and in dedicated offices throughout Oregon. Umpqua's Private Bank Division serves high net worth individuals and non-profits providing customized financial solutions and offerings. Umpqua Holdings Corporation is headquartered in Portland, Ore. For more information, visit http://www.umpquabank.com.
Eve Callahan, 503-546-7867