Umpqua Bank, a subsidiary of Umpqua Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: UMPQ), has completed the remodel of 19 stores in the Puget Sound region. The remodeled locations feature Umpqua Bank’s innovative retail approach and customer experience. Umpqua acquired these locations in 2010 from the assumptions of Rainier Pacific Bank and EvergreenBank.
Each store showcases emerging and established technologies that foster community and redefine what consumers can expect from a banking experience. Like cafés and other gathering places, Umpqua Bank’s stores provide customers and visitors with an engaging space to browse local merchandise, shop online, enjoy a cup of coffee and learn about local events, in addition to banking.
“Umpqua’s investment in these stores brings a new type of banking experience that reflects the Puget Sound area’s focus on innovation, community engagement and service,” said Ray Davis, president and CEO of Umpqua Bank. “Each location has been redesigned to provide a comfortable, inviting place to enjoy a cup of coffee, surf the internet and browse local merchandise, and we look forward to welcoming Puget Sound residents to experience it for themselves."
About Umpqua’s Remodeled Stores
Each location offers personal banking, mortgage lending, business finance and lending resources in a comfortable, innovative space that features:
- A Discover Wall: These interactive screens digitally showcase neighborhood events, financial tools, product information and community involvement statistics and opportunities.
- Return on Responsibility: Customers can learn about volunteer opportunities with local organizations and schools utilizing Umpqua’s Return on Responsibility module. Return on Responsibility features real-time information about community engagement efforts, including hours volunteered by bank associates and charitable contributions made by Umpqua.
- LocalSpotlight: This program features local merchants and their products in-store. To apply, local businesses can visit or call their neighborhood Umpqua store.
- A Computer Café: Allows consumers to bank online, surf the Internet, and explore Umpqua’s in-store digital experience.
- Ask Me: A hotline phone that dials the bank’s president directly.
- Umpqua’s signature service: Includes Ritz Carlton-trained associates, and regional touches such as a gourmet chocolate coin with each transaction and videos by Pacific Northwest artists.
Remodeled Store List
|-- Federal Way/Kent||-- University Place|
|-- Crossings||-- North Proctor|
|-- Twin Lakes||-- Pearl Street|
|-- Kent||-- Gig Harbor|
|-- Federal Way-320th||-- Gig Harbor -- Pt. Fosdick|
|-- Puyallup/Spanaway||-- Gig Harbor North|
|-- Canyon Road||-- Seattle|
|-- Meridian||-- Eastlake|
|-- South Hill||-- South Lake Union|
|-- Spanaway||-- 3rd & Seneca|
|-- Tacoma||-- Lynnwood|
|-- Lakewood||-- Lynnwood|
|-- Downtown Tacoma|
About Umpqua Bank
Umpqua Bank, headquartered in Roseburg, Ore., is a subsidiary of Umpqua Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: UMPQ) and has 184 locations between San Francisco and Seattle, along the Oregon and Northern California Coast, and in Central Oregon and Northern Nevada. Umpqua Bank has been recognized for its innovative customer experience and banking strategy by national publications including The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, BusinessWeek, Fast Company and CNBC. The company has been recognized for the past five years in a row on FORTUNE magazine’s list of the country’s “100 Best Companies To Work For.” Umpqua Holdings also owns a retail brokerage subsidiary, Umpqua Investments Inc., which offers services through Umpqua Bank stores and in dedicated offices throughout Oregon. Umpqua's Private Bank Division serves high net worth individuals and non-profits providing customized financial solutions and offerings. Umpqua Holdings Corporation is headquartered in Portland, Ore. For more information, visit http://www.umpquabank.com.
Jane Taber, 503-546-7888